On 28 and 29 of the Belgian town of Koksijde January 2012 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships will be held.
Before an official Cyclocross World Cup was, there was an annual event in Paris that was considered in the cyclo-cross world as the unofficial world championship. 1,924 this cross first. The contest was called “Le Critérium International, Cross-Country Cyclo-pedestre. Later the name was changed from the cyclo-cross in the Critérium International Cyclo-cross. In the Netherlands and Flanders, this game was often called the” International cyclocross Criterion. The most successful rider field in the history of this “international cyclo-cross Criterion” Robert Oubron. The Frenchman won the competition four times. In honor roll of unofficial World Cup is also the names of some legendary drivers as road racer who also booked a lot of success, namely Francis Pelissier, Sylvère Maes and Jean Robic.
In 1950, for the first time Cyclocross World Championships officially organized. During the first years of this World Cup has been dominated by the French. The most successful Frenchman André Dufraisse. He won the World Cup five times in a row, from 1954 to 1958. In 1959, the Italian Renato Longo became the first non-Fransmandie managed to win the world title. Total Italian would win the World Cup five times. The most successful driver in the history of the World Cup Cyclocross is a Belgian Eric de Vlaeminck. He was seven times world champion
. Belgium is also by far the most successful country in the history of the World Cup Cyclocross. As many as 25 times a Belgian became the world champion. The second most successful country is France with 10 victories.
From 1967 to 1993 there was a special World Cup for amateurs. This was then replaced by a race for Espoirs / Promises. Since 2000, there is also a Cyclocross World Championship for Women. The two most successful riders in the history of this competition is Hanka Kupfernagel and Marianne Vos. They both won the world title four times.
In 1994 Cyclocross World Cup already organized once in Koksijde. Paul Herijgers won the professional world, Richard Groenendaal. The Frisian Gretienus Gommers became junior world champion.
The trail is in Koksijde dunes at Military Base Koksijde. The round is 2890 meters long.
Saturday, January 28
- 11.00 World Junior Championships
- 15:00 World Championship of Espoirs / promises
Sunday, January 29
- 11:00 World Championship for Women
- 15:00 World Championship for Elite Men
Here is an overview of the favorites for the world title. The exact list of participants is not yet known. Below is an overview of the national elections is already known.
The Dutch selection consists of the following drivers:
- Elit: Gerben de Knegt, Mitchell Huenders, Thijs van Amerongen, Twan van den Brand och Niels Wubben.
- Loften: Lars van der Haar, Michiel van der Heijden, Mike Teunissen, Stan Godrie, Micki van Empel och David van der Poel.
- Juniors: Mathieu van der Poel, Martijn Spirande, Koen Weijers, Pyotr van Beek, Tim Ariesen och Stan Wijkel.
- Kvinnor: Marianne Vos, Sophie de Boer, Sanne van Paassen, Daphny van den Brand, Linda van Rijen, Sabrina Stultiens och Arenda Grimberg
The Belgian selection consists of the following drivers:
- Elit: Bart AERNOUTS, Niels Albert, Tom Meeusen, Nys, Kevin Pauwels, Rob Peeters och Klaas Vantornout.Reserver: Dieter och Sven Vanthourenhout.
- Beloten: Wietse Bosmans, Vinnie Braet, Laurens Sweeck, Michael Vanthourenhout, Gianni Vermeersch. Reserver Jens Adams, Stef Boden och Tim Merlier.
- Juniors: Quinten Hermans, Hoeyberghs Daan, Daan Soete, Wout Van Aert och Yorben Van Tichelt. Reserver: tis Van den Driessche, Matthias Van de Velde, Berne Vankeirsbilck
- Women: Sanne Cant, Hilde Quintens and Joyce Vanderbeken.
The French selection consists of the following drivers:
- Elit: Matthieu Boulo, Aurélien Duval, Clément Bourgoin, Francis Mourey, John Gadret och Steve Chainel. Booked Guillaume Perrot.
- Kvinnor Lucie Chainel, Caroline Mani.
- Loften: Julian Alaphilippe, Kévin Bouvard Arnaud Jouffroy, David Menut och Clément Venturini.
- Juniors: Victor Koretzky, Dylan Kowalski, Romain Seigle, Quentin Jauregui och Anthony Turgis.
The US selection consists of the following drivers:
- Elit: Tim Johnson, Jeremy Powers, Jamey Driscoll, Christopher Jones, Jonathan sida och Ryan Trebon.
- Women: Kaitlin Antonneau, Katie Compton, Amy Dombroski, Nicole Duke and Meredith Miller.
- Promises: Zach McDonald and Cody Kaiser.
- Juniors: Andrew Dillman, Logan Owen, Richard Cypress Gorry, Tobin Örtenblad och Curtis Vit.
The Czech selection consists of the following drivers:
- Elit: Zdenek Stybar, Petr Dlask Vladimir Kyzivat, Jiri lamb salad, Radomir Simunek och Martin Zlámalík.
- Women: Pavla Havlikova, Martina Mikulaskova and Katerina Nash.
- Promises: Karel Hnik, Jan Nesvadba, Vojtech Nipl, Tomas and Radek Polnicky Paprstka.
- Juniors: John March, Karel Pokorny och Jan Capture.
The games will be broadcast live on Belgian public broadcaster VRT.
uspsf November 28, 2016
Posted In: Outdoor