How to Make Origami of an Equilateral Triangle
This article is useful in teaching
geometry. You can
use it as an activity for equilateral triangle or
motivation for the lesson introduction. Master paper
folding first as many times as you want before the
demonstration in class.
1. Take a piece of paper. The model is a square
colored paper. Place it on the table.
2. Place one side of the square to its opposite
side. Fold and make a crease.
3. Open and flip the paper. Note that it shares the
plane into two equal parts, if the intersection is a
4. Take one corner of the square and place it on the
crease in the square, making a second crease or line
going to the next corner. See the image. (Make sure
that the tip or cut the crease or line).
5. Open. Please observe the lines, shall be carried
out, once you have done the above steps.
6. Do the same procedure as step 4 for the other
corner. Reference is made to the shape.
7. Fold the open part after the crease or line
created by the previous step.
8. Check your work by comparing it with the image on
9. Switch on and check out your work.
10. Turn the paper over and create a center point of
the top page or line. See the picture for reference.
11. Place the lower part of the paper to the upper
part, but fold. Be sure to fit the center point of
the line to a corner or vertex of the triangle. See
12. Flip the paper and check your work by comparing
it to the picture on the left.
13. Observe the small triangle in the lower-right
corner of the paper. Fold it as seen in the image.
14. Turn the paper over again in preparation for the
15. Fold the right side of the paper to the back
forming one side of the triangle.
16. Fold the left side of the paper to the back
forming a different side of the triangle. Now you
can watch triangle but we have to perform the next
steps to complete the project.
17. Check your work by looking at the rear part of
the triangle. It is similar to the picture on the
18. Prepare the paper to place or paste to the
second part of the paper.
19. Set the left part in the right part of the
20. Insert completely.
21. Success! Note that the triangle is an
equilateral, and it has three pockets on each side.