Colorado is bordered by Wyoming to the north, Nebraska and Kansas to the east, by Oklahoma and New Mexico to the south, and Utah to the west. Located close to the Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains, Colorado owes its name to the Colorado River, thus named by the Spaniards due to the reddish color of its waters.
The State extends over three regions: to the west, the elevated trays of Colorado (between 2,000 m and 3,000 m in altitude); in the center, the Eastern Rockies, a region of high mountains that culminate at the summit of Mount Elbert (4 401 m); to the east, the Great Plains plateau, Piemonte do Rochosos (between 1 000 m and 2 000 m altitude). Several important rivers take birth from part and another of the water dividing line formed by the Colorado Rockies: Colorado, a tributary of the Pacific, the Rio Grande, which flows into the Gulf of Mexico, Arkansas, a tributary of the Mississippi, and the South Platte, affluent Missouri. Colorado, with the exception of the Rockies, is presented with a semi-arid continental climate. The vegetation consists of natural meadows (from the Great Plains), coniferous forests (PIN ponderosa,
Colorado Rockies are a very important forest reserve. The richness of fauna is explained by the diversity of habitats: antelope, meadow dog, crotale, hawk, in the Great Plains meadows, eagle, wapiti, black bear, puma, beaver, coyote, in the mountains and the western platters.
Search for private schools in Colorado? Here is a directory of K-12 schools in the state of Colorado listed county by county. Please follow the link below to see all private K12 schools in your county of Colorado.
- ABBREVIATIONFINDER: What does Colorado short for? Click to see its most commonly used abbreviations and see all other acronyms of Colorado.
- COUNTRYAAH: List of all USPS Zip Codes for the state of Colorado. Includes all cities, counties and county equivalents in Colorado.
Major Cities in Colorado
Colorado Springs, town in the state of Colorado in the USA, 1830 masl. It has about 527,000 residents including the suburbs. The city is a winter sports center that also has hot springs. Colorado Springs otherwise has industry and an air force bullet. The city is also the headquarters of the U.S. Air Force Command.
Denver, city and capital of the state of Colorado in the USA, at 1610 masl. It has about 563,000 residents, or about 2.8 million including suburbs. The machinery, weapons and food industries are important industries. The city is otherwise a well-known resort town. Denver was founded as a mining town in 1858 and has had a university since 1864.
Colorado Rocky Mountain School – Carbondale
“In life, we are not passengers, but members of the crew.” The Colorado Rocky Mountain School is a boarding school in Colorado that was founded in 1953. Teamwork and a good relationship with each other are very important here. The boarding school is a top choice for all outdoor fans and winter sports enthusiasts. Around 170 students are currently attending the boarding school.
The campus is located three hours west of the city of Denver. The school itself is located in Carbondale, a classic American town.
Two large rivers flow along here and the place is at the foot of Mount Sopris. Due to the attractive location there are countless outdoor opportunities offered by the school. Some of them are kayaking, climbing, and a lot of winter sports activities like skiing and snowboarding. Winter sports in particular are strongly promoted here, as the world-famous Aspen ski area is only 30 miles away, and the school even works with its clubs. Beginners train twice a week, advanced and competition participants train four times a week and take part in competitions on the weekends. Training begins here before the actual skiing season in order to prepare the students as best as possible.
There are many activities on the weekends, here too, for example, the students go skiing, but also bowling, go to the mall for shopping, go swimming in hot springs or hike. At the beginning of the school year there is an orientation week for the international students, in order to prepare them perfectly for the coming school year. Afterwards, all students go on a 10-day wilderness trip. The students go on the backpacking trip to get to know each other better and to consolidate values such as teamwork, respect and responsibility. During the school year there are two more excursions in autumn and spring.
The school also attaches great importance to a good academic program. With 13 students, the classes are quite small and the student-teacher ratio is 5: 1. The classrooms are modern and have iMacs. The range of subjects is very large and varied – subjects such as philosophy, 3-D game design, songwriting and silversmithing can be taken.
The students live in the dorms of the boarding school in 2-bed rooms. There are 7 different dorms, all of which have been renovated. In the common areas, the pupils can spend time together and feel completely at home, according to the motto “home away from home”. Unlike many other boarding schools, there is no school uniform or dress code here, because the pupils should feel comfortable.
Private Schools in Colorado by County
- Colorado Adams County Private Schools
- Colorado Alamosa County Private Schools
- Colorado Arapahoe County Private Schools
- Colorado Archuleta County Private Schools
- Colorado Boulder County Private Schools
- Colorado Broomfield County Private Schools
- Colorado Chaffee County Private Schools
- Colorado Delta County Private Schools
- Colorado Denver County Private Schools
- Colorado Douglas County Private Schools
- Colorado Eagle County Private Schools
- Colorado El Paso County Private Schools
- Colorado Fremont County Private Schools
- Colorado Garfield County Private Schools
- Colorado Grand County Private Schools
- Colorado Gunnison County Private Schools
- Colorado Jefferson County Private Schools
- Colorado La Plata County Private Schools
- Colorado Larimer County Private Schools
- Colorado Las Animas County Private Schools
- Colorado Logan County Private Schools
- Colorado Mesa County Private Schools
- Colorado Montezuma County Private Schools
- Colorado Montrose County Private Schools
- Colorado Morgan County Private Schools
- Colorado Otero County Private Schools
- Colorado Pitkin County Private Schools
- Colorado Pueblo County Private Schools
- Colorado Rio Grande County Private Schools
- Colorado Routt County Private Schools
- Colorado Saguache County Private Schools
- Colorado San Miguel County Private Schools
- Colorado Summit County Private Schools
- Colorado Weld County Private Schools