Are you looking for K12 schools which are private in Ontario County? Check here to find an alphabetical list of all K-12 private schools in Ontario County, New York. Also provided are formal school name, mailing address, contact phone number and available grades for each school.
- Electronicsmatter: Facts of state New York, covering history, geography, demographics, economics, and political division.
1. CALVARY CHAPEL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Street Address: Po Box 25099, Farmington, NY 14425
Telephone: (585) 398-2218 Ontario 103
2. CANANDAIGUA MONTESSORI SCHOOL
Street Address: 400 Fort Hill Ave Building 34, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Telephone: (585) 393-8155 Ontario 26
3. CHILDREN’S HOURS SCHOOL
Street Address: 90 Lewis St, Geneva, NY 14456
Telephone: (315) 789-3565 Ontario 25
4. DE SALES HIGH SCHOOL
Street Address: 90 Pulteney St, Geneva, NY 14456
Telephone: (315) 789-5111 Ontario 114 9-12
5. ITALY NAPLES BAPTIST CHURCH ED
6302 Italy Valley Rd County, Naples, NY 14512
Telephone: (585) 374-5430 Ontario 7 1-10
6. ST FRANCIS DE SALES-ST STEPHEN
17 Elmwood Ave, Geneva, NY 14456
Telephone: (315) 789-1828 Ontario 170
7. ST MARY SCHOOL
Street Address: 16 E Gibson St, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Telephone: (585) 394-4300 Ontario 208
New York Ontario County
Ontario County, New York: A Comprehensive Overview
Nestled in the picturesque Finger Lakes region of New York, Ontario County boasts a rich tapestry of natural beauty, historical significance, and vibrant communities. This comprehensive overview will delve into key facts about Ontario County, explore the structure of its public education system, and discuss the role of private schools in shaping the educational landscape.
Ontario County: Key Facts
Geography and Demographics: Situated in the western part of New York State, Ontario County is characterized by its rolling hills, serene lakes, and charming small towns. The county seat is Canandaigua, a city nestled along the northern shore of Canandaigua Lake. Other notable communities include Geneva, Victor, and Naples.
Covering an area of approximately 662 square miles, Ontario County is known for its diverse landscapes, including fertile agricultural land and the pristine Finger Lakes. The county’s geography has played a significant role in shaping its character and supporting various economic activities.
The population of Ontario County is marked by its mix of rural and suburban residents. The Finger Lakes region, with its vineyards and wineries, has become a popular destination, contributing to the county’s appeal for both residents and visitors.
Economy and Industries: Ontario County’s economy is diverse, with a focus on agriculture, manufacturing, healthcare, and tourism. The fertile soil in the region supports vineyards and orchards, making it a hub for the wine and agriculture industries.
Manufacturing, particularly in precision machining and optics, is another key economic driver. The presence of healthcare institutions, such as F.F. Thompson Hospital in Canandaigua, adds to the economic vitality of the county. Additionally, tourism is boosted by the Finger Lakes region’s natural attractions, wineries, and cultural events.
Education in Ontario County
Public School System: Ontario County is served by several public school districts, each designed to meet the educational needs of specific communities. Notable school districts include the Canandaigua City School District, Geneva City School District, and Victor Central School District.
Canandaigua City School District: Serving the city of Canandaigua, this district includes multiple elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. The district is committed to providing a comprehensive education that prepares students for academic success and civic engagement.
Geneva City School District: Covering the city of Geneva, this district comprises elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. The district places a strong emphasis on academic achievement, diversity, and community involvement.
Victor Central School District: Encompassing the town of Victor and neighboring areas, this district consists of multiple elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. The district is known for its commitment to academic excellence, innovation, and extracurricular opportunities.
These examples illustrate the diversity of school districts within Ontario County, each contributing to the educational development of its community.
Private Schools: While Ontario County is primarily served by public schools, there are private schools that offer alternative educational options and religious affiliations.
St. Mary’s School: Located in Canandaigua, St. Mary’s School is a private Catholic school providing education from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The school emphasizes a faith-based education, academic excellence, and community service.
Red Jacket High School: Situated in Shortsville, Red Jacket High School is a public school serving students in grades 9-12. The school is part of the Manchester-Shortsville Central School District and is known for its commitment to academic achievement and extracurricular activities.
Higher Education Opportunities
Ontario County benefits from the presence of higher education institutions that contribute to the educational opportunities available to residents.
Finger Lakes Community College (FLCC): With a campus in Canandaigua, FLCC is a community college that offers associate degree programs, certificate programs, and workforce development initiatives. The college plays a crucial role in providing accessible higher education to the local community.
Cultural and Recreational Opportunities
Ontario County offers a variety of cultural and recreational activities, enhancing the quality of life for its residents.
Finger Lakes Wine Country: The region is renowned for its wineries and vineyards, making it a destination for wine enthusiasts. The scenic landscapes and wine trails contribute to the area’s cultural and tourism appeal.
Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park: Located in Canandaigua, Sonnenberg Gardens is a historic estate featuring meticulously designed gardens and a mansion. The park offers a glimpse into the region’s history and provides a serene setting for visitors.
Ontario County Park at Gannett Hill: This county park, situated on the highest point in Ontario County, offers hiking trails and panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore the natural beauty of the Finger Lakes region.
Challenges and Opportunities
Ontario County faces a combination of challenges and opportunities as it navigates economic development, education, and community well-being.
- Population Growth: While population growth is a positive sign of the county’s appeal, it also brings challenges such as increased demand for housing, infrastructure, and public services. Strategic planning is essential to manage growth sustainably.
- Economic Resilience: Ontario County, like many regions, is susceptible to economic fluctuations. Developing strategies for economic resilience, including diversification and support for local businesses, can enhance stability.
- Educational Equity: Ensuring equitable access to educational resources and opportunities across diverse communities within the county is a priority. Addressing disparities in funding, technology access, and extracurricular offerings is crucial.
- Agricultural Innovation: Building on the county’s agricultural heritage, there are opportunities for innovation in agriculture. Supporting local farmers, promoting sustainable practices, and exploring agribusiness initiatives can contribute to economic growth.
- Tourism Development: Ontario County’s natural beauty and cultural attractions present opportunities for tourism development. Collaborative efforts to promote the region’s wineries, outdoor activities, and historic sites can attract visitors and stimulate the local economy.
- Education and Workforce Development: Strengthening partnerships between educational institutions and local industries can enhance workforce development. By aligning educational programs with the needs of the workforce, the county can foster economic growth and innovation.
Ontario County stands as a jewel in the Finger Lakes region, offering a mix of educational opportunities, cultural attractions, and natural wonders. The public school system, complemented by private schools and access to higher education institutions, plays a crucial role in shaping the educational landscape. As Ontario County addresses its challenges and embraces opportunities for economic development and community enrichment, its commitment to preserving its natural and cultural assets, fostering educational excellence, and engaging residents ensures a promising future for its communities and generations to come.