Are you looking for K12 schools which are private in Defiance County? Check here to find an alphabetical list of all K-12 private schools in Defiance County, Ohio. Also provided are formal school name, mailing address, contact phone number and available grades for each school.
- Mcat-Test-Centers.com: list of 2-year colleges in Ohio. Covers private technical schools and public community colleges within the state of Ohio.
1. DEFIANCE CATHOLIC SCHOOL-ST JOHN CAMPUS
800 5th St, Defiance, OH 43512
Telephone: (419) 782-2136 Defiance 156
2. GRACE BIBLE CHURCH
2060 Jefferson Ave, Defiance, OH 43512
Telephone: (419) 782-6391 Defiance 11 2-11
3. ST JOHN LUTHERAN SCHOOL
Street Address: 655 Wayne Ave, Defiance, OH 43512
Telephone: (419) 782-6166 Defiance 218
Ohio Defiance County
Defiance County, Ohio: A Comprehensive Overview
Defiance County, located in northwest Ohio, is characterized by its rich agricultural heritage, industrial presence, and commitment to education. This comprehensive overview will explore various aspects of Defiance County, including its geography, demographics, economy, cultural attractions, public education system, and the presence of private schools.
Geography and Demographics:
Defiance County covers an area of approximately 414 square miles and is situated along the Maumee River. The county seat is the city of Defiance, a community with a history dating back to the early 19th century. The landscape features a mix of rural areas, small towns, and industrial zones.
As of the latest available data, Defiance County has a population that reflects its agricultural roots, industrial development, and close-knit communities. The demographics illustrate a community with a strong connection to farming, a commitment to local industries, and a sense of shared identity.
Defiance County’s economy is influenced by agriculture, manufacturing, healthcare, and small businesses.
- Agriculture: Agriculture plays a vital role in Defiance County’s economy. The fertile soil supports the cultivation of crops such as corn, soybeans, and wheat. Livestock farming is also prevalent in the area, contributing to the county’s agricultural base.
- Manufacturing: The manufacturing sector is a significant contributor to Defiance County’s economy. The county hosts various industrial facilities producing goods ranging from automotive parts to industrial equipment. Manufacturing provides employment opportunities and supports economic stability.
- Healthcare and Services: The healthcare sector is crucial to the local economy. Defiance Regional Medical Center, located in Defiance, is a major healthcare provider. Additionally, small businesses and service-oriented enterprises contribute to the economic vibrancy of the county.
Public Schools: Defiance County is served by several public school districts, each dedicated to providing a quality education to its students. The major school districts in the county include Defiance City Schools, Ayersville Local Schools, and Tinora Local Schools.
These public school districts offer comprehensive education from preschool through high school, emphasizing academic achievement, extracurricular activities, and community engagement. Defiance County’s public schools cater to a diverse student population and aim to prepare students for success in higher education or the workforce.
Higher Education: Defiance College, a private liberal arts institution, is located in the city of Defiance. The college offers undergraduate programs in various disciplines, contributing to the educational landscape of the county. Defiance College emphasizes experiential learning, community engagement, and a commitment to ethical leadership.
Defiance County boasts a rich cultural scene, with various attractions celebrating its history, arts, and recreational opportunities. Some notable cultural highlights include:
- AuGlaize Village: This living history museum in Defiance County showcases the region’s heritage through preserved buildings and exhibits. Visitors can experience life in the 19th century, exploring historical structures and engaging in interactive demonstrations.
- Independence Dam State Park: Located along the Maumee River, this state park offers outdoor recreational opportunities, including fishing, hiking, and picnicking. The park provides a natural retreat for residents and visitors.
- Defiance Community Cultural Council: This organization supports cultural and artistic events in Defiance County, fostering a vibrant cultural scene. The council promotes performances, exhibits, and educational programs that contribute to the community’s cultural enrichment.
While Defiance County may have limited options for private schools, residents may have access to nearby institutions in neighboring counties. Private schools often offer alternative educational approaches, smaller class sizes, and specialized programs. Families seeking private education in Defiance County may explore options in surrounding areas.
Defiance County, Ohio, stands as a community that values its agricultural heritage, industrial strength, and commitment to education. The public school districts, higher education opportunities, cultural attractions, and potential presence of private schools contribute to the county’s dynamic and close-knit character. As Defiance County continues to embrace its historical roots, adapt to economic changes, and support educational initiatives, it positions itself as a unique and welcoming part of northwest Ohio.