According to Topbbacolleges, Venus, Texas is a small city located in the state of Texas. It has a population of approximately 4,500 people and is situated in Johnson County. Geographically, it lies on the edge of the Prairies and Lakes region of North-Central Texas, about 50 miles south of Fort Worth. The city is mostly flat with rolling hills and prairie grasses scattered throughout. It has an abundance of natural beauty, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
The climate in Venus is typical for North-Central Texas with hot summers and mild winters. The average temperature ranges from 45 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year. Rainfall averages around 24 inches per year which makes it an ideal place to grow plants and crops without much worry about drought or flooding.
The history of Venus dates back to 1854 when settlers first began arriving in the area. During its early days, it was a farming community that relied heavily on cotton production for its economy. In recent decades, however, Venus has become more diversified as new industries have moved into town such as manufacturing and technology-based businesses. This influx of businesses has created an economic boom that has allowed many residents to find gainful employment within their own community rather than having to commute to other cities for work opportunities.
Politically, Venus is part of Johnson County which leans heavily towards Republican candidates in elections; however there are also many Democratic voters in town as well who are active in local politics.
Education wise there are two public schools located within the city limits: Venus High School and William B Travis Middle School which both offer quality education opportunities for students from grades K-12th grade respectively. There are also several private schools located nearby such as St John’s Episcopal School and All Saints Academy which provide students with quality faith-based education options as well if desired by parents/guardians for their children’s schooling needs.
The most popular landmark within Venus is the historic Cotton Bowl which was built back in 1876 and still stands today as a reminder of the city’s proud agricultural past; however there are several other interesting sites worth visiting such as The Johnson County Courthouse (built 1886), The Old Town Hall (built 1891) , The First Baptist Church (built 1890), and many others that provide tourists with plenty to do while visiting this charming little town nestled away off I-35 South between Dallas & Austin TX!
Males: 446 (49.0%), Females: 464 (51.0%)
Zip code: 76084
Median resident age: 31.9 years
Median household income: $37,917
Median house value: $64,100
Races in Venus:
- White Non-Hispanic (76.9%)
- Hispanic (13.2%)
- Other Asian (5.7%)
- Other race (4.5%)
- Two or more races (2.9%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Black (1.5%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (11.8%), English (10.1%), Irish (8.4%), United States (7.3%), French (3.7%), Scotch-Irish (1.3%).
Elevation: 673 feet
Land area: 2.3 square miles
Venus, Texas is a small town located in Johnson County, Texas, with a population of 1,935 people. The median age of the population is 37.8 years old, with 51.2% of the population female and 48.8% male. The racial makeup of the city is 95.1% White, 0.5% African American, 0.3% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0 Hispanic or Latino of any race making up 3.4%. The median household income in Venus is $50,711 and the per capita income is $20,981. The largest employer in Venus is the school district which employs about 1/3 of the population in some capacity or other. There are several churches located throughout town that are attended by many residents and offer a variety of activities for all ages throughout the year such as Bible study groups and youth programs for children and teens alike. Additionally there are several businesses in town that provide employment opportunities for locals including retail stores, restaurants, banks and other services such as insurance agencies and car dealerships as well as medical facilities like primary care physicians and pharmacies that serve the community’s health care needs.
For population 25 years and over in Venus
- High school or higher: 70.4%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 8.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.3%
- Unemployed: 5.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Venus town
- Never married: 23.3%
- Now married: 57.6%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 9.0%
8.1% Foreign born (4.4% Latin America, 3.7% Asia).
Hospitals/medical centers near Venus:
- HEALTHSOUTH REHAB HOSP OF ARLINGTON (about 19 miles; ARLINGTON, TX)
- MEDICAL CENTER OF ARLINGTON (about 19 miles; ARLINGTON, TX)
- BAYLOR MEDICAL CENTER AT WAXAHACHIE (about 20 miles; WAXAHACHIE, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Venus:
- FORT WORTH MEACHAM INTL (about 32 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: FTW)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 32 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: DFW)
- FORT WORTH NAS JRB/CARSWELL FIELD (about 33 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: NFW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Venus:
- MID-WAY RGNL (about 15 miles; MIDLOTHIAN/WAXAHACHIE, TX; Abbreviation: JWY)
- ARLINGTON MUNI (about 16 miles; ARLINGTON, TX; Abbreviation: GKY)
- FORT WORTH SPINKS (about 16 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: FWS)
Amtrak station near Venus:
- 20 miles: CLEBURNE (502 E. HENDERSON ST.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, free short-term parking.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Venus:
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON (about 21 miles; ARLINGTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 15,467)
- TEXAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,403)
- MOUNTAIN VIEW COLLEGE (about 27 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,029)
- DALLAS BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,496)
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,032)
- SOUTHWESTERN BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY (about 27 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,253)
- TARRANT COUNTY COLLEGE (about 28 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 15,454)
Public high schools in Venus:
- VENUS H S (Students: 510; Location: 401 S HICKORY ST; Grades: 09 – 12)
- LEARNING CENTER (Students: 8; Location: 401 S HICKORY ST; Grades: 07 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Venus:
- VENUS EL (Students: 501; Location: 401 S HICKORY ST; Grades: 02 – 05)
- VENUS MIDDLE (Students: 409; Location: 401 S HICKORY ST; Grades: 06 – 08)
- VENUS PRIMARY (Students: 398; Location: 401 S HICKORY ST; Grades: PK – 01)
Library in Venus:
- JOE A. HALL HIGH SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY LIBRARY (Operating income: $81,619; Location: 12 BULLDOG DR; 13,869 books; 179 audio materials; 830 video materials; 48 serial subscriptions)