Previously primarily focused on agricultural and forestry products, Washington’s economy is now powerful and diverse.
The northeast of the region has immense lead and zinc deposits. The other mineral resources are magnetite, uranium and coal. Agriculture is very prosperous. Washington State is the first national producer of apples and the third for wood. The other productions are wheat, vegetables (potatoes), fruits (pears, cherries), sugar beets. Breeding (cattle, poultry) is very developed. Coastal fishing is active (oysters, crustaceans, tuna, cod, hake), as well as fishing in soft water (salmon).
Industry is an essential sector of Washington’s economy. Boeing (aeronautical construction) is an essential actor. However, since the 1980-1990s, the state’s economic landscape has been disturbed by a rapid growth in the engineering, physics, chemistry and information technology sectors; thus, the headquarters of large companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks and Nordstrom are in Seattle County (le King County).
Tourism is also a flourishing sector of the economy of the State of Washington, which owns three national natural parks, of numerous historical sites that evoke the time of the pioneers and the life of the Amerindians and of numerous skiable areas.
Search for private schools in Washington? Here is a directory of K-12 schools in the state of Washington listed county by county. Please follow the link below to see all private K12 schools in your county of Washington.
- ABBREVIATIONFINDER: What does Washington short for? Click to see its most commonly used abbreviations and see all other acronyms of Washington.
- COUNTRYAAH: List of all USPS Zip Codes for the state of Washington. Includes all cities, counties and county equivalents in Washington.
Major Cities in Washington
Olympia, the city and capital of the state of Washington in the USA with about 45,000 residents. He was founded in 1851 as Smithfield. Later he was renamed after the nearby mountain range Olympic Mountains.
The city is a center for lumber and fishing, but also has some tourism, especially around the Olympic National Park with mighty forest area, high mountains and many glaciers. This national park was established in 1938.
Seattle, a city in the state of Washington in the USA, at Puget Sound. He has about 3.7 million residents with suburbs, and many residents of Norwegian origin. Seattle is a large port and trading city with heavy traffic to Austen and Alaska. He also has a large fishing fleet, shipyards, sawmills and canneries. The city is also the headquarters of the large aerospace group Boeing Company. In addition, he has three universities.
Spokane, a city in the state of Washington in the United States with about 200,000 residents, or about 430,000 with surrounding areas. He is a transport and trade center with a lot of food industry and machine industry. The city also houses a university. Spokane has been our residence since 1810 and town from 1879.
The Gunnery – Washington
The school was founded by Frederick Gunn in 1850 with the aim of creating pupils with strong characters. The cornerstones are formed from science, decency, respect and responsibility. Around 300 students are currently attending the private school in Connecticut and are being prepared for the best possible universities here. Due to the small number of students, every student is quickly known and you can respond to the interests of each individual student.
The school has a very good curriculum and students are taught in small classes. Schoolchildren especially interested in art are in good hands here, because the private school offers a very wide range of courses in the fields of visual art, performing arts and music.
The boarding students are accommodated in single and double rooms, there are also a few 3-4 bed rooms. Of course there is always a common room where the students can spend time together. You can watch TV, play video games, eat something or learn together. Various activities and excursions are offered on weekends. Students can go shopping, bowling, visit the Six Flags theme park, take part in one of the many school balls, and much more.
As at every American school, so-called “extracurricular activities” are very important. In the afternoons, many different clubs and activities are offered. Of course, this includes various sports such as field hockey, golf or tennis, as well as art and music clubs such as 3D design, songwriting and jazz band. In addition, students can choose from different clubs that deal with business, French, math and other topics.
The equipment of the school and campus leaves nothing to be desired. There is a beautiful art studio, tennis courts and other sports facilities, lounges and a large dining room.
Gunnery School is located in Washington, Connecticut, a small town with approximately 3,500 residents. Cities like Boston, New York and Northern New England are easily accessible. The New England region has four seasons and nature offers a great variety because there are lakes, rivers, forests, mountains and beaches. The region is also rich in culture and history. The people of New England are known for their warmth and kindness.
Private Schools in Washington by County
- Washington Adams County Private Schools
- Washington Asotin County Private Schools
- Washington Benton County Private Schools
- Washington Chelan County Private Schools
- Washington Clallam County Private Schools
- Washington Clark County Private Schools
- Washington Columbia County Private Schools
- Washington Cowlitz County Private Schools
- Washington DC Private Schools by County
- Washington Franklin County Private Schools
- Washington Grant County Private Schools
- Washington Grays Harbor County Private Schools
- Washington Island County Private Schools
- Washington Jefferson County Private Schools
- Washington King County Private Schools
- Washington Kitsap County Private Schools
- Washington Kittitas County Private Schools
- Washington Klickitat County Private Schools
- Washington Lewis County Private Schools
- Washington Lincoln County Private Schools
- Washington Mason County Private Schools
- Washington Okanogan County Private Schools
- Washington Pend Oreille County Private Schools
- Washington Pierce County Private Schools
- Washington San Juan County Private Schools
- Washington Skagit County Private Schools
- Washington Snohomish County Private Schools
- Washington Spokane County Private Schools
- Washington Stevens County Private Schools
- Washington Thurston County Private Schools
- Washington Walla Walla County Private Schools
- Washington Whatcom County Private Schools
- Washington Whitman County Private Schools
- Washington Yakima County Private Schools