According to Topschoolsintheusa, Wolfe City, Texas is located in Hunt County, approximately 70 miles northeast of Dallas. It is situated on a flat terrain and is surrounded by several small lakes and ponds. The climate in Wolfe City is warm and humid during the summer months, with temperatures ranging from the mid-80s to as high as 100 degrees Fahrenheit. In the wintertime, temperatures range from the low 30s to the mid-50s, with occasional snowfall.
The history of Wolfe City dates back to 1854 when it was founded by settlers from Missouri. One of its original settlers was James Wolfe, who later became mayor of the town and gave it its name. Since then, Wolfe City has grown into a small but thriving community with a population of around 1,400 people.
Politically, Wolfe City is considered a conservative area with most citizens voting for Republican candidates in elections. The city has seen some growth in recent years due to an influx of new businesses coming into town which has helped improve its economy and create jobs for local residents.
The schools in Wolfe City are part of the Wolfetown Independent School District which serves students from kindergarten through twelfth grade. The district offers a variety of programs including advanced placement classes and vocational training for students who wish to pursue higher education or specific career paths after graduation.
One major landmark in Wolfe City is Wolfetown Park which features a playground, picnic area, walking trails, sports fields and courts as well as a skate park for skateboarders and BMX riders alike. Other landmarks include several historic churches such as First Baptist Church which was established in 1871; St James Methodist Church built in 1895; Mt Zion Primitive Baptist Church founded in 1902; and Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church established in 1934. These churches have been preserved over time making them great attractions for visitors to experience old-fashioned southern hospitality combined with modern day amenities such as air conditioning!
Population: 1,566. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,647 (+5.2% change)
Males: 728 (46.5%), Females: 838 (53.5%)
Zip code: 75496
Median resident age: 34.9 years
Median household income: $26,786
Median house value: $34,700
Races in Wolfe City:
- White Non-Hispanic (81.0%)
- Black (13.1%)
- Hispanic (3.4%)
- Two or more races (1.8%)
- American Indian (1.5%)
Ancestries: United States (13.3%), Irish (12.1%), English (6.7%), German (6.6%), Scotch-Irish (1.9%), Scottish (1.7%).
Elevation: 678 feet
Land area: 1.4 square miles
Wolfe City, Texas is located in Hunt County and is a small town of only 1,500 people. It is a quiet, rural community that has a deep sense of community pride and spirit. Many of the residents have lived in Wolfe City for generations and have a strong connection to the land and their families. The majority of the population is white with some African American, Hispanic, and Native American residents. The median household income for Wolfe City is around $40,000 with most households being supported by one breadwinner. The unemployment rate in Wolfe City is relatively low at 3%, compared to the national average of 4%. Education in Wolfe City consists primarily of public schools although there are some private schools available as well.
The town’s economy relies heavily on agriculture and forestry, as well as local businesses such as restaurants, stores and shops. Many locals work in nearby cities such as Greenville or Dallas-Fort Worth for higher-paying jobs. Despite its rural nature, Wolfe City offers amenities such as a library, several parks, a golf course and an annual rodeo event which draws tourists from all over the country every year. Residents take part in various outdoor activities such as hiking trails, fishing spots along Lake Tawakoni or camping in nearby state parks like Cooper Lake State Park or Bonham State Park. People from all walks of life can be found living peacefully side by side in this small town – making it an ideal place to call home!
For population 25 years and over in Wolfe City
- High school or higher: 70.3%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 8.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.4%
- Unemployed: 5.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wolfe City city
- Never married: 21.3%
- Now married: 52.7%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 12.8%
- Divorced: 12.3%
2.2% Foreign born (0.8% Latin America, 0.7% Europe, 0.6% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +53 (+3.5%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Wolfe City:
- PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL OF COMMERCE (about 14 miles; COMMERCE, TX)
- GLEN OAKS HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; GREENVILLE, TX)
- PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL OF GREENVILLE (about 16 miles; GREENVILLE, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wolfe City:
- COX FLD (about 47 miles; PARIS, TX; Abbreviation: PRX)
- DALLAS LOVE FIELD (about 66 miles; DALLAS, TX; Abbreviation: DAL)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 75 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: DFW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wolfe City:
- COMMERCE MUNI (about 15 miles; COMMERCE, TX; Abbreviation: 2F7)
- JONES FIELD (about 18 miles; BONHAM, TX; Abbreviation: F00)
- MAJORS (about 21 miles; GREENVILLE, TX; Abbreviation: GVT)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wolfe City:
- TEXAS A & M UNIVERSITY-COMMERCE (about 15 miles; COMMERCE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,998)
- COLLIN COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-CENTRAL PARK (about 44 miles; MCKINNEY, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,514)
- GRAYSON COUNTY COLLEGE (about 45 miles; DENISON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,082)
- SOUTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 50 miles; DURANT, OK; Full-time enrollment: 3,165)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS (about 54 miles; RICHARDSON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,695)
- EASTFIELD COLLEGE (about 55 miles; MESQUITE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,457)
- RICHLAND COLLEGE (about 56 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,352)
Public high school in Wolfe City:
- WOLFE CITY H S (Students: 175; Location: 505 W DALLAS ST; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Wolfe City:
- WOLFE CITY EL (Students: 243; Location: 505 W DALLAS ST; Grades: PK – 04)
- WOLFE CITY MIDDLE (Students: 180; Location: 505 W DALLAS ST; Grades: 05 – 08)
Library in Wolfe City:
- WOLFE CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $17,728; Location: 203 E WILLIAMS ST; 13,747 books; 89 audio materials; 501 video materials; 11 serial subscriptions)